We have systems in place to help prevent data getting into the wrong hands however, not all systems are perfect, so we ask that you be mindful of the below list when sharing files or folder with internal members and or external recipients.
- Ensure virus/malware detection software is installed with the latest definitions.
- Keep your operating system and software up-to-date.
- Password-protect your workstation or device and use idle-time screen saver passwords where possible.
- Don’t store personal files in SharePoint or OneDrive.
- Try to share files with only Jeder Institute members where possible.
- Share files with specific individuals, never with “everyone” or the “public”.
- Be careful sending links to shared files or folders because they can often be forwarded to others who you did not provide access to.
- Remember that once a file is shared with someone and they download it to their device, they can share it with others.
- Remove the sharing permission you have given to individuals and remove their access when they no longer require access to files or folders.