Queer Community Building – Creating opportunities for people and communities to connect to their gifts and strengths
Queer Community building is a highly immersive program providing provide practical tools, processes and ideas of how individuals, community organisations and businesses can positively impact their communities, building communities from the inside out by tapping into the gifts and strengths of everyone to create change.
The program is a journey of discovery that can mobilise the strengths and assets of individuals and communities to address complex, transgenerational challenges by acknowledging and connecting the local wisdom, skills, talents, passions and experience of community members with local networks and resources instead of approaching from a deficiencies and needs perspective.
The Queer Community building program can be tailored for each community we work with and covers topics such as:
- Asset Based Community Development
- Conscious Co-design
- The Art of Hosting/ Participatory Community leadership – Community Conversations
- The Art of Hosting Participatory Community leadership – Hosting yourself and others
- Strengths based planning
- Trauma informed Community Building
Queer Community Building has been created for:
- Individual community members
- Pride and event organisers
- LGBTQIA + 2 spirit organisations
- Peer support groups and organisations