The Circle is a meeting space for strengths-focused practitioners to co-create, collaborate and discover impactful and emergent ways of working together, underpinned by strengths-based practices and processes.
Circle members are international and domestic practitioners who align with our mission and who collaborate with other Circle members on mutually beneficial workshops, events and projects, both face to face and online.
We meet every 2 months and discuss ways of working together and listen deeply to each other’s challenges and offer opportunities and solutions to individuals and the collective.
Our last meeting for this year was on Friday the 18th of December where we shared some gratitudes and reflections on the year that was, 2020! Below are some of the highlights!
What did you accomplish, as an individual, this year?
- Participated as a graphic harvester for a 48 hour Global (un)Conference
- Grew my skills and practiced hosting myself
- Entering 2 exhibitions
- Hired my first employee
- Took more time for self-care and my own passions
- Was voted in as the first non-US based ABCD Institute board member
- Co-hosted the successful, inaugural online strengths & assets (un)Conference
- Was part of the team to incorporate ABCD Asia Pacific
- Help to grow our organisation to a place of good financial accomplishment which enabled new roles to emerge
- Earned an honourable income online
- Learned amazing online tools
- Completed the Coady Women in Community Development Leadership course
- Launched the global ABCD & First Nations conversations
- Was still able to study during all of the chaos
- Moved from telecommunications engineering to Inner Engineering
- Created over 30 short videos
- Created a range of workshops focussed on using ABCD and Appreciative Inquiry in the corporate sector
What/who are you grateful for?
- Time, my home and rain
- Artistic creativity and developing new techniques
- everyone that contributed to all of the work we have done, especially the ones that paid me
- Family and friends
- The Circle network
- My CoBu team
- My Bright Start team
- Our organisation’s board who have done some really hard yards and big hours this year which also enables us to host The Circle space
- My daughter, who has made it easy to live with someone again, during the pandemic
What did you notice/appreciate in other Circle member’s efforts?
- Determination and commitment
- Ongoing support
- Smiles and positive attitudes
- Sharing of resources
- Allowing me space to grow as I needed, and being there when I needed connection
- Watching Om’s “everybody has something” frameworks emerge from his storytelling
- Alan’s determination to create the video clips and share them widely
- Lottie in re-starting her own business
- Om’s mindfulness
- Our resilience and creativity
During the year we participated and co-developed some really amazing initiatives, individually and collectively. We found new friends and like-minded souls, across the globe, even online, we kept people connected during a global pandemic and held a space that you can’t put a dollar figure on.
2020 has taught us ways of connecting that we never thought possible before although, as Plato once, wisely said, “Necessity is the mother of invention” and this year, it was necessary and we invented like never before!
Intermittent Members: Dee, Michelle, Fiona, Alan, Om, Lottie, Jodi, Vanessa, Jodie, Beth, Denise, Tirrania, Zizi, Leanne, Jacinta, Peter, Dan, Deb, Ricky, Fee.
To join The Circle, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org