Story Telling and Harvesting
Storytelling and capturing stories are important tools for communication, connection and progress. They connect us as humans and can take place anywhere and anytime. Storytelling connect the generations in the moment and harvesting enable stories to live on. Many believe that storytelling and harvesting is a unique skill reserved for elders, writers, artists or children. However, we can all be storytellers.
This workshop is for anyone interested in building their ability to capture and tell stories.
During this interactive workshop, you will learn:
• The purpose of storytelling and harvesting
• The role storytelling and harvesting can play in your work
• How to tell and capture stories
• How to use storytelling for influence
• How storytelling can be used as data
Fiona Miller is a creative conduit and passionate about seeing people and communities explore and collaborate on all things local, getting people to the same table and sharing skills and knowledge. The ABCD principles and practices underpin all of her work and she continues to be educated while educating. Conversations matter and by connecting conversations, amazing things can happen. Graphic Harvesting to capture and tell telling stories that last is a skill she loves to share.
This event will be held online, a link will be sent once along with a purchased ticket.
Refunds are available up to 1 day prior to the event
The Jeder Institute operates across Australia and throughout the world to create positive change for individuals and communities. We bring people together to realise their full potential, increase collective knowledge, explore insights and engage community members in conversations that matter to empower individual’s choice and control by:
- Facilitating community conversations around critical social issues
- Building individual and community resilience
- Coordination of supports and capacity building (NDIS)
- Engaging and connecting with a diverse range of communities
- Co-developing organisational change management frameworks
- Identifying and mobilising individual and community assets and strengths
The Jeder Institute is a not-for-profit, Next Stage Organisation (NSO), based in Australia. We are a human-centred organisation committed to addressing local, national and international challenges and issues and commit to challenging the systems and structures which impede people’s ability to live a good life.
The Jeder Institute focuses on community capacity building by identifying and building on existing strengths to create and live an ordinary life and to further create inclusive communities through collective action. The Jeder Institute provides strengths-focused workshops, training and facilitation to individuals, communities and organisations through both contemporary and well-known practices.