Lockdown is tough! Our hearts and souls reach out to those of you who are affected by these latest lockdowns and we would like to extend our support and invite you to please reach out, if needed!
This month we have started developing new initiatives and exciting events!
We have already mentioned the new Roving Listeners role, which is supporting people experiencing vulnerabilities to connect deeper into their community and we are now looking at other roles and options that we can offer soon!
As an organisation, twice a year we have member Gatherings… and due to COVID, we have been hosting online Gatherings. Our membership is currently very excited to start organising our first face to face Gathering in November in Ballina, NSW and we are all crossing our hearts and fingers that we will be able to be together for the first time in 18 months.
Two large scale organisational events that we are part of is:
- The ABCD Unconference, which is an international gathering of asset-based community development practitioners and supporters: https://www.theunconference.net/# and,
- Wicked Wednesdays, which is a series of Person Centred Practice sessions: https://www.jeder.com.au/what-we-offer/upcoming-events/
From a team’s perspective:
- Our community building team has continued to deliver workshops online in Australia, the UK, New Zealand and open registration events with our international partners
- Our Support Coordinators have continued to offer a range of services to NDIS participants, even through various lockdowns and we have had many of our participants send their emotional gratitude for the ongoing support of this team
- Our Behaviour Intervention Support crew have continued to grow their work in this very much needed area in both Sydney and the Northern Rivers region of NSW and are committed to increasing their opportunities
- Our Roving Listener team is gaining traction in Bendigo, Victoria and we are developing strong connections and heading towards the point of inviting others in to join this unique team
We are always looking for ways to increase our social impact and support individuals, families and communities and we relish the fact that our supporters, partners, families and associates continue to support, and be part of, our good work in the world!
Enjoy this month’s newsletter and let us know if we can support or highlight your work or community in any way!
Yours in Community