Founded in 2013, on the foundational principle of “generosity of spirit”, the Jeder Institute is a human- centered, not-for-profit, Next Stage Organisation (NSO) which operates and innovates as a living system.
Our 64 current members are Australian-based and work both domestically & internationally.
Our exponential growth over the past 9 years, which has seen our membership soar to 64 committed, professional, strengths-focused members, has strengthened our focus as an individual, family and community focused organisation whose governance goals and strategies align with the United Nations Development Program which says that to have effective governance, it is necessary to have:
- Legitimacy and voice — where all people have a say in decisions and about what is in the best interests of the community or group.
- Fairness—where all people have the opportunity to maintain and improve their wellbeing and have their human rights protected.
- Accountability — where decision-makers are accountable to their members, the public and stakeholders.
- Direction — where leaders and members have a shared, long-term view of what their future society is going to be like.
- Performance — where the governance system delivers goods, services and outcomes that are planned for and meet the needs of the members.
The Jeder Institute was established as a pathway for people to develop networks, enhance skills, practice leadership and further build both personal & community capacity. Our unique approach is based on the principles of next stage organising and strengths focused practice and incorporates frameworks and philosophies, such as Person Centred Approaches, Asset Based Community Development (ABCD), Appreciative Inquiry and Participatory Leadership practices.
The Jeder Institute and its’ members are committed to; addressing local, national and international challenges and issues, supporting individual and community capacity and commits to challenging the systems and structures which impede people’s ability to live a good life.
OUR EVOLUTIONARY PURPOSE
The Jeder Institute’s evolutionary purpose is for us to be at the heart of change. Our membership works to create a responsive, collaborative organisation which achieves its strategic and operational objectives through its members and partners within a transparent governance framework.