Conscious Care & Support Wednesday Morning Discussion Series (October – November 2022)
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Brought to you in partnership by Community Living Windsor, A Centre for Conscious Care, and The Jeder Institute, this series is intended for families and carers, direct support professionals, leaders, therapists, and anyone with an interest in making a difference within the lives of others.
WHAT IS THE FOCUS?
The first four sessions will unpack sections of the Conscious Care and Support best practices framework providing education along with practical examples and ideas for implementation. The last four sessions will explore us more deeply as supporters by discussing the “human predicament”, building emotional self-regulation through B-FIT mindfulness, and increasing our capacity to bring optimal, skilled, and compassionate services and care to those we support.
October 12- 9:00a –10:00a- Awareness Based Calming and De-escalation Skills offered by a Mindful Supporter
- What is Anxiety? – Traditional and Additional Approaches to De-Escalation – Building Mindful Emotional Self-Regulation
October 19- 9:00a – 10:00a- Gastrointestinal (GI) and Bowel Health
- GI, Bowel & Digestive Health is the Foundation for a Healthy Mind – Allergens, Intolerances, Infections
October 26- 9:00a – 10:00a- Emotional and Mental Health
- Effects of Trauma – Psychotropics and Mood Stabilizers – Our Roles as an Advocate – Gut/Brain Connection
November 2- 9:00a – 10:00a- Brain Development and Coherence – Sensory Integration and Processing
- Neurogenesis, Neuroplasticity and Neurochemicals – Brain Coherence – Gut / Brain Connection and Inflammation – Hyper and Hypo Active Sense Stores
November 9- 10:00a – 11:00a- The “Human Predicament” Part One
- Exploring “the human predicament” in which we all live driving us to our less-than-optimal selves when providing support
November 16- 10:00a – 11:00a- The “Human Predicament” Part Two
- Continuing the discussion from Part One – Exploring our “Filters” (both faulty and fruitful), our beliefs, and biases
November 23- 10:00a – 11:00a- Increasing Self-Awareness to Self-Expression through B-FIT Mindfulness
- Building the skill set of emotional self-regulation through mindfulness – Exploring “4 tools” to enable optimal support
November 30- 10:00a – 11:00a – “5-C’s” of Support: Catch, Calm, Clarify, Choose, Connect
- Bringing it all together – The supporter’s framework to offer optimal support – What now?
ZOOM – Link will be sent before each class.
$125 for family members and independent contractors
$299 for agency/organisations employees